Hammers – chess continues to flourish at Hammersmith, even during these troubled times! Our online activities have expanded and we are seeing a huge take-up for the games, training and other events – it’s been a fantastic response!
Please ensure you join our WhatsApp group to stay up to date on the latest details – contact us if you’d like to be added.
Here’s a taster of some of the events coming up:
- Friday 3rd April, 8.45pm – Classic Games by World Champions (Training)
- Saturday 4th April, 5.30pm – ‘How Good is your Chess’ Quiz
- Saturday 4th April, 8pm – London Club Team Battle
- Sunday 5th April, 6pm – Simultaneous display with FM Bob Eames
- Sunday 5th April, 7:45pm – Banter Blitz – Tony Niccoli vs Chris Skulte
- Monday 6th April, 6pm – ‘The Gambit Guru’ series – FM Bob Eames takes us through the Chigorin Defence to the Queen’s Gambit
- Tuesday 7th April, 6pm – Junior Hour with Christof Brixel
- Tuesday 7th April, 7:30pm – 4NCL Online Round 1 – Celtic Tigers
- Wednesday 8th April, 7.30pm – Round III of the Corona Cup
- Thursday 9th April, 7.30pm – Simultaneous display with GM Keith Arkell
- Friday 10th April, 7:05pm – Club v Club game against Lübeck Chess Club
- Saturday 11th April, 8pm – London Club Team Battle
- Sunday 12th April, 7:30pm – Simultaneous display with Fedja Zulfic
- Monday 13th April – El Chessico v Battersea Chess Club (note: re-scheduled!)
Please note: In order to regulate attendance and help with organisation, we do ask that you register for these events first – this can be done in the WhatsApp group, or by contacting us ahead of time.
If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions for things we can organise, we’d love to hear from you! Events continue to be added all the time so please keep in touch to ensure you don’t miss out.
Enjoy your chess :o)