New members of any age or ability are always welcome to join the Club. We offer a stimulating evening in a friendly atmosphere, with the opportunity to learn from some highly experienced players.
Membership is inexpensive and easy to complete. Once you have joined, you immediately become eligible to represent the club in league games. You’ll also be invited to our regular tournaments and teaching evenings.
Concession rates are available for senior citizens, under 18’s, and the unemployed.
- Adult: £65 per annum (discounted to £40 for first year of joining)
- Concession: £40 per annum (for unwaged, and Under 18s)
- Associate: £30 per annum (normal membership, attendance at all club functions & events, but no league games)
- Partial Season: £25 (from 1st Jan to season end in July)
- Partial Season: £40 (from 1st May, including all of following season)
- Titled Members: £10 (any FIDE title)
Payment can be made by cheque, electronic bank transfer, or cash.
Anybody wishing to play competitive league chess for the Club will also require English Chess Federation (ECF) membership. This is available from around £15 per year. Full details are available on the ECF website: http://www.englishchess.org.uk
Membership Enquiry Form: