As the spread of the Coronavirus continues to make headline news around the world, we wanted to confirm the position at Hammersmith Chess Club, and request that you follow some simple steps to keep yourselves and other members safe.
- The Club remains open, and club nights will continue as planned until further notice. There is no specific UK government advice to avoid gatherings at this stage, and as such our Tuesday Club Nights will continue as planned. – We will advise if this changes
- All League matches remain in the calendar and will go ahead as currently planned. – We will advise if this changes
Please note the following important advice:
- Please continue to follow the current government advice on hand washing – use warm, soapy water to wash your hands more regularly. Particularly important after you have been on public transport, before eating, or if you have sneezed, coughed, or otherwise touched your face. Washroom facilities are available at the club, and you should ensure this advice is followed at Club Nights.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough and sneeze, dispose of used tissues straight away, and then wash your hands.
- Handshakes before games are no longer required, however please be courteous to your opponent, e.g. wish them a good game.
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, cough, fever, shortness of breath, or otherwise feel unwell, please do not attend a club night or match until further notice.
- If you have recently travelled from or via the following countries/regions, please do not attend a club night until further notice & follow UK govt advice on self-isolation: Hubei province in China, Iran, Northern Italian areas in lockdown, South Korean areas in lockdown.
- If you have recently travelled from or via the following countries and are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, cough, fever, or shortness of breath, please do not attend a club night or match until further notice & follow UK govt advice on self-isolation: China, Italy, South Korea, Iran, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand
Further useful advice and information can be found here:
The safety of our members, and the UK-wide effort to slow the spread of the virus, are our primary concern. We respectfully request that you abide by these steps until further notice, and we thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions at all, please get in touch: email@example.com
The Committee of Hammersmith Chess Club.