Thanks to everyone for completing your Round IV matches in our Rapidplay Tournament in timely fashion. Full set of results from the round are presented below.
Bajrush takes the plaudits in the battle at the top against Tony, but Marios’ win against gifted youngster Nadhmi ensures the pressure remains! Our two 100% records clash in Round V.
What will happen when the immovable object meets the irresistible force?!
Nevertheless, the performance of the round has to go to Ben Rothwell who “somehow” – to quote the man himself – managed to wrestle down Yasser against the odds. Perhaps our estimate of e95 was a little cautious for Ben, but there’s no escaping it was a great performance to overcome such a grading gap. Well done Ben!
Given we’re at the halfway point, it’s worth taking a quick look at the overall standings and begin to speculate who’s leading the pack to win one of our coveted prizes. Only a bit of fun at this stage, so we haven’t calculated the tie-break measures.
Remember, there’s four prizes in total: Open, Kings (<160 ECF), Bishops (<130 ECF) and Knights (<100 ECF)
- Open – Bajrush and Marios are neck-and-neck; things should be clearer after Round V!
- Kings – Matteo / John W / Simon, are tied for honours
- Bishops – Simon stands alone (Assuming he doesn’t win the Kings!)
- Knights – Ben and Paul M are looking Good
Great to see such a spread of names, particularly as it includes a few newcomers to the club. It’s a long way to go though and there’s everything to play for, particularly with the games now more evenly matched than they were at the start of the competition back in October.
And a reminder of our Round V pairings, which throw up some tasty matches:
- Bajrush meets Marios in a crucial clash at the top
- Captains of London 5 and London 6 meet as Rich plays Robin
- Can Ben and Paul M keep up their giant-killing act as they face Pouya and Gokhan?
Remember, we need your results by February 28th at the latest – good luck!
Adam & Dave.