Welcome to the Hammersmith Chess Club Games & Analysis library. Here are some interesting games with full analysis from our members.
- 04.04.17 – GM Chris Ward (241) vs. Marios Kouis (E150) – A cracker from our recent Simul against GM Ward. Marios was our only victor and he shares a great writeup of that game here.
- 26.05.11 – Josue Fernandez (170) vs. Manuel (190) – Another submission from one of our new members, Josue. This is a tough, tough battle over fully 69 moves!
- 01.10.12 – Marios Kouis (tbc) vs. Timothy Seymour (185) – A sweet and satisfying game by one of our newest members from the High Wycombe Open back in 2012. Very good commentary and analysis.
- 31.01.17 – Anonymous (tbc) vs. Bajrush Kelmendi (183) – A decent example of how even the strongest players can learn from studying a system they’re not familiar with.
- 14.10.09 – Sheikh Mabud (150) vs. Colin Ramage (162) – A brutal example from Hammersmith’s Sheikh, of the power of the King’s Gambit. Thrilling chess.
- 09.10.04 – Peter Morton (1824) vs. JS Murray (2075) – From the final round of the Guernsey Open some years back, could former Chairman and life member Peter Morton get a result against a much stronger player?
- 01.07.75 – John Rogers (200) vs. John White (148) – Going back a few years to 1975, two stalwarts of the club took each other on in the Club Championship Game. Would it be a changing of the Guard?
- 02.02.16 – Chris Ward GM (237) vs. Carsten Pedersen (195) – played as part of the 15 board simultaneous match at our club, Hammersmith player Carsten Pederson was the only club player to record a victory over Grandmaster Chris Ward
- 10.12.13 – Mark Huba (120) vs. Andy Routledge (e100) – The first League game for one of our club members (Andy) – a case of beginners luck? Referenced in this article