Our return to Lytton Hall is nigh – 16th September – and the start of the 2019-20 chess league season follows shortly afterwards – an exciting nine months await. Fixtures will shortly be added to our Calendar.
This is going to be one of the most momentous seasons in the 57 years of Hammersmith Chess Club.
These are some of the highlights:
- Thames Valley Division 1 CHAMPIONS – defending our title
- London League Division 1 debutants – the first time in our history in this Division!
- Two teams for the first time ever in the Central London League, including our first Junior team
- We are fielding 12 teams across all competitions this year
- New captains (see below), a new Club Captain (Ben Rothwell), and special events
- El Chessico – against those noisy neighbours from South of the river!
- A new internal club competition – the Sledgehammer!
- Junior section starting at the beginning of October
- And lots more to be announced…. watch this space
As your new Treasurer, it is incumbent on me to remind you of the following:
- Please pay your membership fees by 30th September 2019 at the latest, otherwise our team captains will not be able to pick you.
- Please pay your ECF membership by the same date, otherwise our team captains will not be able to pick you.
- And, most of all, ENJOY your chess!
Membership rates are unchanged from last year, and can be found here.
Payments can be made as follows:
Hammersmith Chess Club
Matteo – HCC Treasurer, aka “The Suit”
The HCC Captains Roster
With 12 teams to cater for, there have never been more opportunities to play chess at Hammersmith. Our ever-expanding appetite for the game means we’ve had to juggle our captains slightly this season, and can now announce the full lineup:
You’ll recognise most of the names, but in any case they will shortly be reaching out to all eligible members when fixtures are finalised, so keep an eye out for the emails.
It’s up to you guys to make sure you make yourselves available when the captains are arranging teams – if you don’t respond to their emails, they won’t know if you’re available, and so you won’t be picked. The early bird catches the worm!
Please join us in welcoming our new captains this year – and thanks to everyone for stepping-up and taking on the challenge!