We are pleased to announce the start of our brand new, Hammersmith Chess Club, season-long, internal long-play competition…. the Sledgehammer Tournament!
This is a quick-start guide for you to understand how it works, how to register, and start playing!
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- We will send you an updated contact list of the other participants on a regular basis (please keep it confidential… GDPR and all that).
- Contact any of the other participants on the list, and book a game with them. You are free to select any other participant, and play them in a standard ECF rated game no more than once per season (from June 2019 to end of May 2020).
- You can play anywhere, anytime, as you convene with your opponent at the club on a Monday evening, or elsewhere.
- Games need to be Over the Board (OTB) and played in one session.
- The default time is 60 minutes + 30 seconds increment, but players can agree longer time controls if they both want to.
- This is a handicap-based tournament, so players beating stronger players will get plenty of points counting towards the cup.
- Send the results and PGN file not more than one week after the game was played to email@example.com
- We will send updated results and standings on a regular basis, and keep updated results on the club website.
- Game results will be sent to ECF for grading by the end of the following month.
The full details and rules of the tournament can be found here: Tournament Description
We’re eager to kick-off this new tournament ASAP, with the aim to provide plenty of standard chess playing graded game opportunities within the club, and increase interaction amongst our members!
Note that by registering for this tournament you agree for us to share your contact information with the other participants.
Thanks & good luck!!