The Hammer vs Battersea Sambrook’s Club Challenge!
The world’s first “Chess-Up in a Brewery”!
There are three absolute truths in our corner of the chess world in early 2019:
- The Noisy Neighbours, Battersea, are still smarting from the El Chessico encounter two months ago, and are thirsting for revenge.
- The indisputable thirst that chess players have for the combination in liquid format of hops, barley, yeast and water.
- Hammer will never not be thirsty for a chess challenge.
A thirst that must – and will – be quenched. That is a lot of thirst. We have the answer.
Yes, the first “Chess-Up in a Brewery” challenge has been arranged, and you bet those Battersea Boyz want revenge!
The challenge will take place in the tap room of Sambrook’s brewery, over in Battersea (SW11 3QG), on Saturday the 26th January from 1-5pm. Check out their website:
Due to space constraints, the match will be restricted to just 14 boards, and to ensure an even distribution of all playing strengths, the set-up will be as follows in terms of ECF ratings:
- Boards 1&2 – ECF 200+
- Boards 3&4 – ECF 180-200
- Boards 5&6 – ECF 160-180
- Boards 7&8 – ECF 140-160
- Boards 9&10 – ECF 120-140
- Boards 11&12 – ECF 100-120
- Boards 13&14 – ECF below 100
So, we need 14 Hammers to step forward and volunteer for the challenge match! It will be strictly first come, first served, so get involved quickly if you want to play – it will be a brilliant event!
Please email email@example.com ASAP to reserve your spot!
Captain Clueless – also open to beer bribes to get on the team!