Hammerites!! With only days to go, we need your help this weekend.
Hammersmith Chess Club is again teaming up with our friends at Hammersmith MIND, the local branch of a national mental health charity, for a day of chess & fundraising in Hammersmith town centre.
On Saturday 19th May, we take chess to the streets – Lyric Square, next to Hammersmith tube station – to raise awareness of an excellent charity, spread the good word of Hammer Chess, and enjoy our favourite game against the public!
We need volunteers!! Even if you can only spare a few hours, all help is gratefully received! If you can offer your services for any of the following, we would be extremely grateful:
- Logistics: 8am onwards to help transfer equipment from our club, to Lyric Square
- Setup in Lyric Square: from 9am, to help organise our stalls & chessboards in the square
- Leafleting: from 10am to 4pm (or anytime in between), handing out leaflets for MIND and for Hammer Chess, helping to spread the good word to the public
- Playing Chess: from 10am to 4pm (or anytime in between), playing chess against the public at the tables and chairs we setup in the square
- Packing up & The Pub: from 4pm, helping close down the site, pack up our equipment, and retire to The Albion for the wash-up
Even an hour of your time would make a huge difference. Last year’s event was a massive success, raising hundreds of pounds and helping sign up dozens of members of public to the good ship HammerChess.
If you can spare any time, please get in touch ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks from all at HammerChess