27.06.17 – Totally Hammered vs Streatwise, Summer Chess League
Looking back, the torrential rain downpour that arrived last night was definitely an ominous warning that something was going to happen… and so it was in the match where, aside from some brief chinks of sunshine from Pavel and Chris – who both drew – the good ship Totally Hammered lived up to its name, losing 4-1 to Streatwise.
We were out graded on every board, so considering the situation, our draws were a fantastic result. For those wishing to relive the experience, all the games are now up on the Summer League website.
We also welcomed two new players to the club for their debut games: Nadim Osseiran and Chris Dmitrov! I believe they are both coming along to next Monday’s club night, so please give them a warm welcome when you meet them.
Anyway team, let’s not dwell on failure – we have a few weeks to prepare for the next match in July (18th July – save the date!). Six boards to cover, many beers to be drunk, and a chance for vengeance!!
Anyone wishing to play, please get in touch!
As a reminder, the remaining fixtures are:
- 18th July
- 22nd August
- 5th September
Ken K, Totally Hammered Captain.
Full set of games below – Captain’s report from Just Hammered vs Battersea Volts still to come… It contains the only ray of sunshine from the evening – a victory for one of our newest – and certainly our youngest – member, Nadhmi. Pleased to say we’ll also be posting a full analysis of that game from one of our strongest players. Stay tuned!!
Totally Hammered vs Streatwise
1. Barjrush Kelmendi 183 vs Robin Haldane 191 0-1
2. Martin Smith 172 vs Pavel Nefyodov 164 1/2-1/2
3. Chris Dimitrov es133 vs Nello Attianese 169 0-1
4. Gabriel Barr 168 vs John Ryan 124 1-0
5. Chris Moore 112 vs Alan Romeril 137 1/2-1/2
6. Jose Dimiti 113 vs Nadim Osseiran es95 1-0
Volts vs Just Hammered
1. Chris Beckett 202 vs Carsten Pedersen 201 1/2-1/2
2. Marios Kouis es150 vs Motiejus Gudenas es169 0-1
3. Tim Valentine 126 vs Paul Kennelly 161 1-0
4. David Lambert 123 vs Rayan Balluz es100 0-1
5. Leon Watson 122 vs Kaan Corbaci es120 1-0
6. Naadhmi Auchi 105 vs Peter Yusoff es80 1-0
The British Bangla Chess Association are having a 10-minute blitz tourney this coming Sunday – the 2nd July starting at 3pm.
The tourney will take place at
Tower Hamlets Parents Centre, 1 Links Yard, 29 Spelman Street, London E1 5LX – it is just off Brick Lane
Entry fee is £7 for Non- BCCA players and it is run on a first come first served basis
So if you want to take part please phone either Mostaque on 07903 559 812 or Tariq on 07930 528 293